Todays Tip Tuesday is a bit different than normal. It’s not beauty related, but since it’s wedding season I thought I’d share my tips on how to make the best of your wedding photos and be sure you get the shots you want.
- Go through websites like Pinterest to see creative photos or poses that you like. Save your favorites to show your photographer. Showing them may reveal a theme that you like, or a editing tool they could use.
- Make a list of the pictures you for sure want to have. For example, just you and your mom, if you have a special relationship with a grandma be sure your photographer knows to capture those moments, Brides side alone, groom and his parents, etc. you all get the idea:) Having a premade list makes sure nothing gets overlooked.
- Have a meeting with your photographer about a week before to go over any last minute things you think of.
- Always always have at least two photographers. That way you can have one focus on you and the other on your fiancé.
- Scope out locations with your family/fiancé to see where you may like your pictures to be taken if it’s at another location. (Zach and I had our wedding party pictures at a park while our guests enjoyed cocktail hour)
- Be sure your makeup is well set. Try avoiding SPF in foundation so you don’t have any flashback from the cameras.
- Do a first look. This is one thing I really wish we had done. I really wanted the first time I saw Zach to be when I was going down the aisle, but it would’ve saved a ton of time before and the pictures you get out of it are beautiful.
- Ask your parents if there are any pictures important to them. It may not be anything different than what you planned, but it’ll make them happy and feel involved.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. They want you to be happy with your pictures and d you want to change something or add a photo tell them. These will be your pictures not theirs, they will understand:)
- Above all: Smile and be yourself. The more you can act like they aren’t focused on taking your picture the more natural you will look.
I hope this helped some of you out! Enjoy wedding season:) We are off to one ourselves this weekend and cannot wait to celebrate our friends!