So here is my dilemma friends: I am completely in love with L’Oreal Lumi but I have combination skin and after a few hours my wonderful ‘dewy’ look turns more greasy looking than beautiful..which I’m really not a fan of. Honestly, if it could get this foundation to stay all day how it looked for the first few hours, I would never stray away from it. Since that seems to be impossible, I am on a new hunt for my next favorite foundation. Which leads me to the creation of this post.
While wandering the makeup section at Target I spotted this baby: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. I’ve been wearing it for the past 3 or 4 days and I’ve noticed a huge difference in how long my makeup lasts and how much longer I can keep my matte finish that I start the day with. I figured since we are heading into fall here, a Lumi/dewy glow probably won’t be as much of a go-to look anymore.
How I Apply It: I use the cheapest method of applying makeup–my fingers:) I take a pea sized amount and rub in between my finger tips to warm up the foundation and to get even amounts to both sides. Then, I just dive right in and get the product onto my face. I start by spreading it around to be sure that I have every inch of my face is covered, but then I press it into my skin as opposed to continuing with my fingers or reaching for a brush. i feel like this really gets the product into my skin and sets better. I then use a powder to set my entire face, after I have applied any concealer that I may need. Then I’m good to go–mostly:)
- Buildable foundation
- Good, medium coverage
- Actually keeps my face matte! 🙂
- Feels very light on my face (no heavy, gross feeling at all)
- Sets quickly
- Blends well
- Good packaging size. It’s not too bulky and is small enough that you can easily throw it into your bag during the day or for trips/travel. Sidenote: this would be amazing for low maintenance days of vacation, or when you don’t have lots of room. You can apply it with your fingers, eliminating the need for a huge foundation brush and has great staying power. This would’ve been amazing to have on my honeymoon in Mexico.
- They have a decent color selection. They have 8 shades to choose from, and even if they don’t have your perfect color, you can bronze (which is what I’ve been doing) or use a lighter powder to even it out.
- I’m not a huge fan of mouse foundations so this isn’t ideal for me, but that is just a personal preference
- There is no pump, or dispenser at all with this foundation. Which means the bottle gets dirty really quickly and if you’re using your fingers any left over foundation rubs off on the white bottle.
- You cannot see the product itself through the packaging so it is kind of difficult to figure out your shade at the drugstore
Honestly guys, those are the only cons that I have for this product right now. So far, it is an amazing product and I’m going to go out soon to pick up the darker shade:)
Have any of you used this foundation before? What is your current favorite foundation?