I was nominated for this award by PluAnna. Thank you so much! I feel so honored that you have nominated me:) Rules for the contest can be found at Cecilia’s Corner –I’ve linked it right to her post with the all the rules.
1. What are 3 of your make-up Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
- MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Concealer: This conceals everything I need it too and doesn’t crease throughout the day.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: I have a whole post on this eye liner because I love it so much and it honestly stays all day and doesn’t budge at all.
- Clarisonic Mia 2: My skin has honestly never looked or felt healthier with any other product or just using a cleanser on its own.
2. What is your make-up signature look which you have on most of the time?
Most days I will do a full face of makeup. I use L’Oreal Lumi foundation, MAC Pro Longwear for my under eyes, Benefit Coralista blush wish Hoola Bronzer for some extra color. On my eyes I’m always using soft brown, neutral colors (MAC Naked Lunch blended out with Soft Brown is one of my favorite combinations) and thick, full lashes. I always to two coats on my top and bottom lashes.
3. Concealer or foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
I’d say foundation. I love how flawless my skin looks with good foundation and it just gives me that extra bit of confidence in my skin. If you find a good foundation it really does do a good job covering up blemishes or any under eye darkness you may have. I’d rather have all over face coverage, than put so many dots of concealer on my face to even out my skin tone.
4. Name a beauty trick that you think you only do and would like for everyone to know about it, because it is that great.
I put hair spray on all my bobby pins before I use them. It makes them a little more sticky and holds my hair in place so much better 🙂
5. You have heard about all the hype on this make-up item, bought it, tried it and do not understand what all the fuss is about… Name that product!
This I’ve tried to think on for a while and I honestly don’t know what I’ve tried that I’ve just really not liked. There are things I don’t reach for as often or concealers I’ve used as eye primer instead of under my eyes, or oil I find works better just as night as opposed to before applying makeup, but nothing I completely regret buying:)
6. Let us know your favorite make-up brands.
My drugstore favorites with what I buy from them most often: L’Oreal (foundations), Maybelline (lipstick), & NYX (love the butter gloss). Higher end brands I really like: MAC (honestly everything), Laura Mercier (tinted moisturizer), Josie Maran (argan oil), Benefit (bronzers & blushes), & NARS (eyeshadow).
7. What is your Ultimate Beauty Guilty Pleasure?
Anything to do with skincare or moisturizers. I am such a sucker for a new face mask, face or body lotion, eye creams– I love it all and anytime I find something new it takes so much restraint to not buy it all.
Here are the 7 blogs that I am nominating for the Beauty Blogger of the Month Award:
Good luck to all of you and I look forward to reading your answers to these questions! 🙂